Mach5 Community Support

Full Version: Cookies: Types, Names, and Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The quickest and easiest way to see the name of your Website's cookies is to visit your site using Mozilla Firefox. You may then look up your site's cookies using the Cookie tool within Firefox.

This is located in the Tools->Options... menu. Select the 'Privacy' tab then click the 'Show Cookies...' button.

You can then search all of the Cookies your browser has collected. Type in the name of your website, minus the www. and you will see the names of the Cookies your website places on a browser. If you do not have Mozilla Firefox installed on your computer, it is a highly regarded free web browser and is easily obtainable at:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

The size of the full downloaded installation is less than 6 MegaBytes.

You will most likely notice several different Cookies placed on your website. The most important distinction between the types is whether they are Session or Persistent, Cookies. A Session Cookie is set to expire when a user closes their web browser. A Persistent Cookie is set to expire some number of days/years in the future. You will be able to tell which type a Cookie is by looking at its expiration date.   One Cookie may be used to track each visitors individual visit to a site. A Session Cookie would be used for this. Another Cookie may be used to track a visitors Daily or Weekly visits to a site. A Persistent Cookie with the associated day or week expiry would be used here. Frequently, a site will also use a Persistent Cookie with an expiry set to 2099 or some date years in the future. This is to track a user's visits to the site for the foreseeable future.

Although a Cookies are useful for tracking visitors, they can be misleading. Each time a user deletes their Cookies, (or runs an Anti-Spyware program which deletes all Persistent Cookies), a new Cookie will be assigned and your website will not know that the New Cookie is being used by the same user as the old Deleted Cookie. The statistics are still useful, but it is helpful to be aware that they are not perfect and subject to user intervention.
Thanks for your post! Through your pen I found the problem up interesting! I believe there are many other people who are interested in them just like me!
phd dissertation writing service
I don’t aware of this easy method to see the name of your Website's cookies is to visit your site using Mozilla Firefox. I have gone through the steps and it works well. Thank you so much for the share. Google Chrome running out of memory

StellaKisch

The resumption of the previous knowledge is done for the benefits of the community. The role of the man has been determined with best resume writing services options or the humans. The engagement is done for the illustrations for the youngsters.

marcusgrace

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips The Walking Dead TV Jackets
The trick lies in choosing an affirmative topic for your informative speech topics. Your entire effort can be futile if you do not pay enough concentration while choosing your topic. The main motto while giving a speech is to hold the audience’s interests and that stays till the time your arguments are logical. Before you know the most trending topics for the informative speech, know what exactly the term defines.
Has your professor assigned you an academic task with an extremely short deadline? Is it impossible for you to complete that assignment on time? We are here to assist you in this moment of crisis. We provide urgent assignment help at the best price in the industry.
Reference URL's