Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mail server running on my desktop - Mailer won't deliver to it
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Mail server running on my desktop - Mailer won't deliver to it
If you are running an SMTP server on your local machine, use 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the SMTP server address in Mach5 Mailer's configuration. This will enable Mach5 Mailer 4.x to use the local SMTP server.

Mach5 Mailer 4.x no longer includes a built-in SMTP server. Given current anti-spam provisions enacted by ISP's, email sent from a personal computer running an SMTP server is no longer routed across the Internet. If you are sending email within your companies internal network, a local SMTP server may still be of use to you.

There are some third party SMTP servers that you can run on your desktop, if you really want to use your desktop computer for mail delivery. But using your company SMTP server for mail delivery is recommended.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: Mail server running on my desktop - Mailer won't deliver to it
Well, I have to say that so many things have become obsolete especially when it comes to technology. Thanks for the post.

Get a [URL=http://www.broadbandexpert.com/]high speed internet[/URL] and enjoy a one of a kind internet browsing experience.
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Hello! I am considering using this software for my home based business. I am seeing in this thread that using an SMTP server is preferred. Since I do not have a company SMTP server, what are my available options?
01-26-2012, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2012 03:12 AM by support.)
Pulled the information from this link; if you have other questions you might try looking here: http://www.mach5.com/support/mailer/faq.php#aol

Your local Internet provider will provide you with both Internet access and SMTP service for, most likely, around $20 a month. In addition, services such as Juno also provide you with a SMTP server, though we have tested Mach5 Mailer with Juno. We strongly recommend using a service provider or web host that supports sending appropriate large emailings. Almost ALL web hosting accounts that you can purchase also provide an SMTP server for you to use. We recommend and use DewaHost Hosting, which is one of our business partners. Aside from giving you an SMTP server to use, even on your own dedicated IP address, they also provide fairly low cost web hosting with great service and features.

Thanks for considering our software!
04-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Grabs the present and Red Leather Jackets brings it up as no longer prefer to confirm it. You to the precise of the letter and a sprint will take it backpedal yet then it pops up returned.
04-23-2018, 01:01 AM
I have got much clear idea concerning from this article.

walgreenslistens |
www.walgreenslistens.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2018, 04:46 PM
It is over now since you have a Learn Tajweed Rules plausibility to purchase an article and make the most of your life.
08-13-2018, 11:57 PM
Interesting Presentation Topics
When it comes to interesting presentation topics, some students have it in them naturally. But for others, it can be a nightmarish experience. Sweat glands start doing its work without your permission no matter if it is 5 people or 500 people in the audience. Rapid heartbeats, astounding pressure and fear of failure make it difficult for you to move even. But you cannot be a goat standing still in the middle of the auditorium or room. You don’t need to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Failed Connection, Relay, and Socket Errors - SMTP Server Settings mlandis 8 9,430 07-27-2018 05:36 AM
Last Post: andrewsymond