Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Include the text of a remote file in your emails
12-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Include the text of a remote file in your emails
Using PHP and scripting within Mach5 Mailer Gold, you can include the contents of a remote file in your outgoing emails. If you're using PHP for scripting there are a few settings you must change before you can procede.

1) You must have PHP5 installed before continuing. PHP5 can be downloaded, for free, from http://www.php.net/downloads.php Use the 'PHP Installer' in the 'Windows Binaries' section.
2) Once PHP is installed you must enable allow_url_fopen in your php.ini file by setting it to 'On'.
3) Tell Mailer where PHP5 is installed.
  Open Mach5 Mailer. In the top menu, click 'Mail'->'Program Options'. Select the 'Mail Options' tab.
  Under 'PHP Settings' click 'Browse' and locate the PHP installation folder (usually C:\PHP). Click 'OK', then 'OK' again.
4) Enable PHP as the scripting language in Mach5 Mailer Gold
  In the top menu, click 'Mail'->'Mail Merge Information'. Select the 'General' tab and set the scripting language to 'PHPScript'. Click 'OK'.
5) You're ready to use PHP scripting in your emails.

Open your mailing in Mach5 Mailer. In the Editing Pane, (either the Plain(text) or HTML pane) enter the following code to include the text of a file on your webserver in your email.

<?php //tell Mailer that php code is going to be used
// get contents of a file into a string
$filename = "http://www.myserver.com/file.txt"; //the location and name of the file on your server. replace the test link with your own.
$contents = file_get_contents($filename); //read the contents of the file into the $contents string variable
echo $contents; //output the file to your email page
//tell Mailer the php code has ended
?>

You can easily test the following code by clicking the "Preview' tab at the bottom of the Mach5 Mailer window. Its to the right of 'Plain' and "HTML'.

You'll see a preview of both your Plain (aka. Text only) and HTML emails. These are selected, again, by tabs. You can click through your database and check that each email is generated correctly

From the Preview tab, you can even send a test message to any email address you like. Simply click the 'Send this Message' button in the bottom-right of the preview window.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2018, 09:31 AM
study post
Thanks for the heads up here. I will inform mac users working at www.rushessaysbest.com who might get help with this. Thanks for sharing with us
07-24-2018, 06:30 AM
RE: Include the text of a remote file in your emails
Informative topic and most of them looking forward. To know how to include the text of a remote file in your emails. Here the step by step details of this process is shared and it makes easy for me to understand easily. how to turn printer online
Find all posts by this user
07-25-2018, 03:37 AM
How to Write an Expository Essay
Are you freaking out about How to write an expository essay topics would help you to write your essay? Do not worry! There is lot of expository topics that can be used as the perfect one to explain and then put it in your college paper. Before banging your head about the topic selection, it is important for you to understand what an expository essay is.
08-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Thank you, I never tried using into my emails. I would try it soon. Right now I am using a different online for my email campaigns.
best assignment writing service
09-20-2018, 06:12 AM
HP Printer Support
Welcome to HP Printer Support for instant help and printer services. HP Online Care is one and only online support provider for hp devices. Let HP fix your devices online. Our certified technicain are available 24x7 for help and support. You are just a call away from our support team. Any hp product which is under warranty will be fixed Free of Cost without any charges online remotely.
09-27-2018, 04:13 PM
HP Offline Support Number +1-844-802-7535
Thank you for such a wonderful blog post. This post has helped me a lot in resolving my issues with the printer very easily. I also found that allitexpert.com is also helpful in providing valuable information regarding any printer issue.

hp printer installation online

hp wireless printer offline

hewlett packard printer setup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Plain text margins are too narrow mlandis 4 5,259 11-08-2018 02:28 AM
Last Post: lindatovar