Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pause and Resume a Mailing, Resume a Stopped Mailing
12-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Pause and Resume a Mailing, Resume a Stopped Mailing
Resuming a Mailing after Pause or after a mailing stops

If your system crashes or you suffer a power failure in the middle of your mailing, don't panic!

Mailer keeps a log file of all emails that it sends to. You can use this log file to help resume the mailing so that you don't send mail to the same people twice.

1) Open up your Mailing

2) Right click on the log window at the bottom

3) Choose the Process Log File option

4) Choose the "Successfullly sent" option. Save the file (to your desktop or somewhere else where you can remember where it is).

That will make a list of all emails that Mailer successfully delivered. Next, you need to either use this list as an exclusion list, or add it to the end of your existing exclusion list.

5) Open up the Program Options item under the Mail Menu

6) Choose the list restrictions tab and enable the "Do not send list" exclusion list functionality

7) Navigate to the file you just made.

That's it - preview your mailing and step through some of the entries to make sure that the exclusion list functionality is working for this mailing. And remember to remove the exclusion list when you're done so that next time you do a mailing, all your contacts will receive your message.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Pause and Resume a Mailing, Resume a Stopped Mailing
This is a really laborious and time-consuming way to re-start a stopped mailing. Why isn't there simply a function where I can enter the Excel line number where I want the mailing to start? Or why can't Mach 5 remember where the same mailing left off and automatically ask if I want to start where I left off? Those solutions would be much simpler than copying and pasting files into an "exclusion list," which seems like a very roundabout way to initiate a very simple task.

(12-30-2010 06:18 PM)mlandis Wrote:  Resuming a Mailing after Pause or after a mailing stops

If your system crashes or you suffer a power failure in the middle of your mailing, don't panic!

Mailer keeps a log file of all emails that it sends to. You can use this log file to help resume the mailing so that you don't send mail to the same people twice.

1) Open up your Mailing

2) Right click on the log window at the bottom

3) Choose the Process Log File option

4) Choose the "Successfullly sent" option. Save the file (to your desktop or somewhere else where you can remember where it is).

That will make a list of all emails that Mailer successfully delivered. Next, you need to either use this list as an exclusion list, or add it to the end of your existing exclusion list.

5) Open up the Program Options item under the Mail Menu

6) Choose the list restrictions tab and enable the "Do not send list" exclusion list functionality

7) Navigate to the file you just made.

That's it - preview your mailing and step through some of the entries to make sure that the exclusion list functionality is working for this mailing. And remember to remove the exclusion list when you're done so that next time you do a mailing, all your contacts will receive your message.
Find all posts by this user
07-25-2017, 05:55 AM
review your mailing and venture through a portion of the sections to ensure that the prohibition list usefulness is working for this mailing. What's more, make sure to expel the prohibition list when you're done as such that next time you do a mailing, every one of your contacts will get your message. Order Assignment
08-25-2017, 01:20 AM
review your mailing and venture through a portion of the sections to ensure that the prohibition list usefulness is working for this mailing. What's more, make sure to expel the prohibition list when you're done as such that next time you do a mailing, every one of your contacts will get your message essay help
07-17-2018, 02:10 AM
Hi, thank you for assisting me through this, very accommodating and give details in a very simple manner. Tomorrow is my computer exam at UK Dissertations Help Hub and this helps me a lot, fairly can't thank you enough.
11-08-2018, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 02:35 AM by xeniia.)
The information is very useful for entering and sending mail, I really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing!

tik tok video

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opening Subscriber-based Mailing - Only XMLSchemaCache error mlandis 16 6,172 08-28-2018 04:22 AM
Last Post: peck38