Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Different Attachments using Mailer
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Different Attachments using Mailer
I have set up a page using HTML in the mailer. I need to be able to use different attachments for different recipients using ACCESS 2010. The application sees the database and gives me the following 'SOME ATTACHED FILES EITHER DON'T EXIST OR ARE LOCKED BY OTHER PROGRAM'. The database is not set to exclusive. Not sure what to do at this point.

Please helpHuh.
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: Different Attachments using Mailer
Look here for how to send attachments using the Mailer: http://www.mach5.com/support/mailer/docs...files.html

Which version of the Mailer do you have? The Gold and Regular versions of Mailer can access Excel and Access data sources directly, while the Free version features only direct Excel support. If your database is not supported directly or you can't get ODBC to work, you can export your database to a tab delimited text file, and use that as a data source for Mailer.

The Mach5 Team
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2012, 03:56 PM
(01-16-2012 01:38 AM)support Wrote:  Look here for how to send attachments using the Mailer: http://www.mach5.com/support/mailer/docs...files.html

Which version of the Mailer do you have? The Gold and Regular versions of Mailer can access Excel and Access data sources directly, while the Free version features only direct Excel support. If your database is not supported directly or you can't get ODBC to work, you can export your database to a tab delimited text file, and use that as a data source for Mailer.

The Mach5 Team

I have already done the above. I ended up having to put it in a csv file. I am running the gold version 4.5.0.10. The problem I am expierencing now is that it runs, says the attachments all there, but when I verify it by sending them all to a specific email address the attachment isnt there.

Example - I ran the mailer originally to 191 different members. Started receiving responses back they didn't get the attachment. Out of 191, 36 didn't get the attachment.

When you look at the email it shows an attachment but nothing there. So I replaced all the e-mail addresses with my test e-mail account and sent the blast out. I got the same results. 36 emails didn't have the attachments there but a paperclip was next to the email showing an attachment.

I looked at the folder where the attachments were housed, they are there. When I look at the preview, it acknowledges the attachment is there.

I have tried it using vbscript and just html. same results.

I am at a loss.
06-14-2012, 01:23 PM
I could really use some help here. I am still experiencing problems when having each email with a different attachment. The attachment shows success and there were no errors in the logs. About 191 emails went out showing attachments were successful, when checking them only 103 actually had the attachments attached.

I have changed the settings in the send options to send one every ten seconds, thinking that maybe it was processing too fast.
I changed the attachment location to my hard drive
I changed the data file with the contact information in it to be an xls file.
I have tried the scripting language of VB and the M5Mailer.

I am at my wits end, please someone help.