Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Silent Log Files
03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Silent Log Files
I call Mach5 from another program and emails are sent in the background. Some time ago I made a change that resulted in log files being generated in program files\Mach5 Mailer 4\logs directory. These log files are named "e-mail_merge_name"_silent_datetime_results.csv. They simply contain the email address and the result code.

I just moved Mach5 Mailer from an XP machine to a Win 7 machine and while emails appear to be going out OK, the silent logs are not being generated.

These logs are very beneficial to check for errors and problems and I'd sure like them back!

I can't for the life of me remember how I got these to generate and can't see any difference in settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Silent Log Files
What version of Mach5 are you running? It's possible the log files are being saved in a Mach5 file in Documents. If it's an older version they may not save properly on Vista/7 on User mode.
03-21-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: Silent Log Files
(03-21-2012 01:08 AM)support Wrote:  What version of Mach5 are you running? It's possible the log files are being saved in a Mach5 file in Documents. If it's an older version they may not save properly on Vista/7 on User mode.

I'm running version 4.5.0.10 in Windows 7.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question log files every once in a while a 7 error code TTanner 0 2,707 10-24-2011 01:28 PM
Last Post: TTanner
Wink log files every once in a while a "7" error code TTanner 0 2,591 10-24-2011 01:21 PM
Last Post: TTanner