Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't seem to change port in SMTP server settings
03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Can't seem to change port in SMTP server settings
Hi,
I am trying to use my gmail account to send a newsletter to about 100 people. However I can't seem to connect to gmail. I'm using the following settings

outgoing server : smtp.gmail.com
use following encryption : ssl
use authentication : yes
username/password : same as my regular gmail logon
force use of specific logon method : no

The problem is that I think that for gmail I should use porty 465 for ssl, however I can't seem to change the port - it is greyed out and stuck at port 25.

Not sure what else to try. Huh
Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Can't seem to change port in SMTP server settings
I wouldn't do newsletters from your personal Gmail account. I would sign up for a service like MailChimp or get the response to do newsletter creation and automated types of email services.

Our company, Blitz Marketing Group does email and newsletters services for our client's online marketing needs.
11-20-2017, 06:10 AM
I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!
amazon customer service 1 800
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2018, 12:39 AM
Change of the port settings in server according to requirements is very important thing for users of server services. Students buy essay works from essayuniverse.net here and submit them without waste of time and money.
10-01-2018, 05:02 AM
I would like to share a mutual fund and stock marketing details. stock market broker informations also included our site. please visit it.