Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ESMTP, SSL, & TLS: Example using Gmail SMTP
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
ESMTP, SSL, & TLS: Example using Gmail SMTP
Mach5 Mailer 4 supports SSL, TLS, & ESMTP authentication as of Version 4.5. You may download this package from the Mailer download page here:

http://www.mach5.com/download/mailer/index.php

Below is an example of an ESMTP authenticated SMTP connection over SSL/TLS using Google's Gmail service.  You will need the following information to set up Gmail SMTP sending using your own account.

smtp server: smtp.gmail.com
login name: yourusername@gmail.com
password: yourgmailpassword

server settings:
if using SSL, use port 465
if using TLS, use port 587

Within Mach5 Mailer 4.5, Select the 'Mail'->'Program Options' menu.
Click the "Server Settings' button located on the 'Send Options' tab.
Enter the above settings. Click the 'Test Connection' button.
Mailer will tell you its unable to connect and will ask you if it should 'Try to detect the SMTP settings automatically'.  Click 'Yes'.
Mailer will find the correct authentication method and check the appropriate boxes.  Click 'OK', then 'OK' again and save your Mailer Project.

That's it.  You will now be able to send email from practically any internet connection as the connection between you and your email server is now encrypted on a common port.  If Mailer is still unable to send from some locations, try using SSL instead of TLS as more firewalls will permit SSL traffic due to its common usage for secure website transactions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: ESMTP, SSL, & TLS: Example using Gmail SMTP
Will you please share with me video tutorial Using Gmail Service ESMTP authenticated SMTP connection over SSL/TLS it’s a request from a student he is facing problem to Write an Essay For Me | EssayGlobe or share wikihow link.
11-02-2017, 07:11 AM
must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material.
New Article for you
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2018, 01:54 AM
Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you) tell tractorsupply.com
06-27-2018, 05:45 AM
Will you please share with me video tutorial Using Gmail Service ESMTP authenticated SMTP connection over SSL/TLS it’s a request from a student he is facing problem to dissertation help or shares wikihow link.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Failed Connection, Relay, and Socket Errors - SMTP Server Settings mlandis 8 9,431 07-27-2018 05:36 AM
Last Post: andrewsymond
  Common SMTP Servers for different ISPs mlandis 6 31,601 05-30-2018 12:28 AM
Last Post: panistefanin