Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Configuring Apache Web Server
12-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Configuring Apache Web Server

Configuring Apache

This help topic is for people who host their own web site or are allowed to configure their Apache log file format.

Apache lets you specify a custom log file format in the "httpd.conf" configuration file. Although there are a large number of log file formats you can specify, FastStats Analyzer only supports two of them. However, they are standard formats and contain all of information you need to provide useful data about your web site. Apache can be configured to place the log file information in multiple log files (generally "access.log", "referer.log", and "agent.log"). Analyzer no longer supports this format.

The best format is known as Combined Log File Format and looks like the following:

207.34.71.205 - - [18/Jan/1998:00:02:22 -0500] "GET /index.html HTTP/1.0" 200 16384 "http://www.windows95.com/apps/encrypt-file.html" "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Update a; AK; Windows 95)" "SessionID=Value; VisitorID=Value2"

It is important to note the referrer, browser, and cookie information at the end is enclosed by quotation marks. You can configure Apache to generate combined log files by editing the "httpd.conf" file in the \Apache\conf\ directory. Find the following lines in your httpd.conf file (you may want to do a search for the string "LogFormat"). You should change the log file to read as follows:

# This defines a "nickname" for the specified log file format.
# The nickname is "combined".
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" \"%{cookie}i\"" combined

# Specify that we want to store the combined log file in the location "logs/combined.log".
CustomLog logs/combined.log combined

Apache should now generate FastStats Analyzer-readable data in the combined.log file. The other two log file formats are either inconvenient and unsupported (Apache Multiple Log File Format) or will produce reports that do not contain some very useful information (Apache Common Information).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 03:02 AM
RE: Configuring Apache Web Server
Thank you. I will be passing this along, I am very happy to get this post and comment here.
dissertation writing services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2018, 08:30 AM
RE:
The regular dialect Text API comprehends that "The Who" alludes to the great musical gang, that "TheTexting" is one of its collections, that "Pete" is his amazing guitarist Pete Townshend, lastly that "Columbus" alludes to the city of Columbus, Ohio, in the United States.
07-25-2018, 12:46 PM
RE:
Oh, I am really glad finally I found this useful website know about hosting because next week I am planning to host my website and I am really excited. I came to know of an rush-my-essay.com service that this website will help me to know about the web server hosting and I can plan it according to my need.
08-01-2018, 03:27 AM
RE: Configuring Apache Web Server
Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Literature Review Outline Tips
Having difficulty in framing an impressive literature review outline tips? Here you can find a definite way to draft the outline and the elements associated with a literature review paper. Make certain that your paper offers a deep and appealing insight of the literature you have chosen for your work. Unless you create a solid literature review template, it may not grab the eyes of your readers.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Configuring IIS Web Server mlandis 2 8,885 07-18-2018 03:13 AM
Last Post: Kristen Hill