Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FastStats 4 Crashes processing big log files (1.7 gb or so)
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
FastStats 4 Crashes processing big log files (1.7 gb or so)
When FastStats approaches 2 GB of log data it starts to really slow down and runs into problems managing memory. 2 GB is the hard physical limit, due to memory addressing limitations, for opening one single file. But the application itself does consume some RAM to run, so your practical limit is a bit less than that.

If FastStats is crashing because of this, you are hitting the log file size limit that FastStats can handle.

The only suggestion I have is to split your analysis into smaller chunks, either by rotating them weekly or daily depending on your needs.

I suppose it is good that your traffic has grown to that kind of volume though. I wish I had a better answer - what makes FastStats "fast" is the way it manages memory, and unfortunately that comes with a limitation on memory size. FastStats 4 is a 32-bit application, which limits the amount of memory that the application can use, most of which is allocated to log file mapping.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2017, 12:50 AM
RE: FastStats 4 Crashes processing big log files (1.7 gb or so)
I've is to break up your analysis into smaller chunks, both by using rotating them weekly or day by day relying on your desires. Do My Research Paper I think I've sooner or later found out how to rely upon the Plimus affiliate gadget and still, have links to our site, and this is actually to redirect thru our web page to plus via a special associate URL. Do My Research Paper That shouldn't be too hard.
05-21-2018, 01:33 AM
RE: FastStats 4 Crashes processing big log files (1.7 gb or so)
Hello! this complex question. Here it is necessary to think... tell tractorsupply.com
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2018, 04:12 AM
Comparative Essay Topics
As evident by the name, comparative essay refers to the comparisons made on the basis of certain research programs, self-analysis and thoughts on a particular topic. However, it is to be noted that merely pointing out the differences or similarities in a comparative essay will not be enough; rather it is much more than that. There are certain technical aspects that one must consider keeping in mind while composing essays related to comparative essay Topics.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to adjust times reported in log files support 6 11,633 08-14-2018 12:55 AM
Last Post: david38