Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
12-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
Quote:Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
If you are getting this error, there are two situations that are common:

First, if you always get this error even when trying to send a single message, then your SMTP settings are not correct.  You'll need to take a look at your Mail -> Program Options and your SMTP settings to properly configure your mailserver.  Please contact your web host for the proper SMTP server configuration.

It's generally better to use your web host to send your email rather than your ISP, because your web host should be set up to send mail from your email domain.

Second, if you start getting this error after sending some email, then you're likely using your ISP to send your messages, and they have a limit on the messages you can send per hour.   You'll need to go to your Mail -> Program Options and set the number of threads to 1, and set a delay between messages.

Messages per Hour / Delay between Messages
100 / 36 seconds
300 / 12 seconds
600 / 6 seconds
1000 / 4 seconds

Lastly, if you are using your web host SMTP server and they are not allowing you to send much email, contact them and tell them that the ability to send email to your customers is a somewhat natural part of doing business, and that you want to be able to send more email.  All business-class web hosts provide good SMTP services for their business customers that ask.  They may wish to know of your email sending practices, first, and your business model, to make sure that you're not a spammer.   Even one spammer as a client can severely impact a web host, so they often throttle back your email until you ask and explain your business model and email practice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
I'm getting this error when I attempt to send a test email to myself. I did Test Connection, and it is okay. I send and receive email through Thunderbird and this domain (through MergeDomains) all the time.

What do I do now?

Linda

(12-30-2010 11:52 AM)mlandis Wrote:  
Quote:Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
If you are getting this error, there are two situations that are common:

First, if you always get this error even when trying to send a single message, then your SMTP settings are not correct.  You'll need to take a look at your Mail -> Program Options and your SMTP settings to properly configure your mailserver.  Please contact your web host for the proper SMTP server configuration.

It's generally better to use your web host to send your email rather than your ISP, because your web host should be set up to send mail from your email domain.

Second, if you start getting this error after sending some email, then you're likely using your ISP to send your messages, and they have a limit on the messages you can send per hour.   You'll need to go to your Mail -> Program Options and set the number of threads to 1, and set a delay between messages.

Messages per Hour / Delay between Messages
100 / 36 seconds
300 / 12 seconds
600 / 6 seconds
1000 / 4 seconds

Lastly, if you are using your web host SMTP server and they are not allowing you to send much email, contact them and tell them that the ability to send email to your customers is a somewhat natural part of doing business, and that you want to be able to send more email.  All business-class web hosts provide good SMTP services for their business customers that ask.  They may wish to know of your email sending practices, first, and your business model, to make sure that you're not a spammer.   Even one spammer as a client can severely impact a web host, so they often throttle back your email until you ask and explain your business model and email practice.
01-16-2018, 05:05 AM
RE: Error 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
Try to completely uninstall browser or history host with a registry cleaner and reinstall it with a new one. Also, try to connect to different forum ports, the more detailed on Samedaypapers. There are a lot of people believe that this may be an error associated with the cleaning from debris in the browser and cookie files there.