Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scripting Question (Popmonger)
03-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Scripting Question (Popmonger)
I need some assistance getting started using vbscript with Popmonger. I'm using it to capture non-delivery responses returned from an email blast. I am using the "send to list" feature which works fine, but I also need to capture an add'l data field. My initial idea was to have the vbs write this info to a text file using filesystemobject but I can't even get that to work. Popmonger does not detect any runtime errors and the script works when it's run standalone so it's not a problem with the script itself which is really simple...

dim fso,f
set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
set f=fso.opentextfile("c:/test.txt",8)
f.writeline("TEST")
f.close
set fso=nothing

There are definitely messages in the inbox that are non-delivery notifications and I do not have the "skip processed messages" option checked. When I process the mailbox, the log tells me that the script is running successfully but the file "test.txt" remains empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2011, 10:10 PM
RE: Scripting Question (Popmonger)
It seems to me as if the script is not actually ever being executed. You could verify that on a test by putting an error in the script, which should cause a problem.

There also might be an issue with executing the script on nondelivery matches. It's a problem I'm looking into, but we do need to first check that the script is actually getting a chance to run. The fact that it's not getting an error and not actually creating the simple text file in your example would seem to suggest it's not getting invoked for one reason or another.

We may need to take a closer look at your rules and tasks as well. Can you pass along what you have it doing currently?

Sorry for the delay in responding, too - some birthday parties took me out of town for a few days last week. The joys of parenting! (Actually very much a joy. But anyway... let's see if we can get your problem fixed.)

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Landis
Manager, Mach5 Development
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'm a brand new father myself (2 month old daughter sleeping on my lap as I type this!) so I can relate. I'll get back to you tomorrow with more info.
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2011 09:53 AM by ddegennaro.)
OK, I'm just getting back to this now. It appears that you are correct - the script doesn't seem to be executing even though the log says it is. I added a bad line of code into the script and the log doesn't indicate any errors though in playing around with this I did see errors at one point but I have no recollection of why or what I was doing at the time....so I have seen a script run somewhere along the line. Is it possible that there's a permissions issue at hand since that's often the problem when it comes to writing to a file. Though, the "add sender to list" action seems to be working fine so that kind of rules that out I think.

At any rate, I tried using a different type of filter - just looking for the term "undeliverable" in the subject field and that didn't make a difference either (though I assume the "auto-filter" for bounced messages does the same thing.)

Here's what I have set up...

TASKS..."NonDelivery"...Custom
FILTERS..."Undeliverable"...any messages where [Subject] Contains ["Undeliverable"]
ACTIONS..."Script"...path to script file is indicated and the script file contains the code I posted above (it's a vbs file, obviously)

Here's a question - what is the purpose of specifying the Mail Server in the Action Detail section?

FYI, I changed the filter back to "is bounce or failure" because it wasn't picking up the right info the other way. It was outputting the sender name which is postmaster@rtco.com (my company's domain).

Script is still not working.
12-20-2011, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2011 12:12 AM by WinVInjaCks.)
Such a great thread as i feel i's looking for the same one for a while anyway here are definitely messages in the inbox that are non-delivery notifications and I do not have the "skip processed messages" option checked. When I process the mailbox, the log tells me that the script is running successfully but the file "test.txt" remains empty. and thank you all for sharing...

Pasadena Weight Loss
06-27-2018, 06:39 AM
Such an incredible string as I believe I's searching for a similar one for some time in any case here are unquestionably messages in the inbox that are non-conveyance notices and I don't have the "skip handled messages" choice checked. When I process the letter drop, the log discloses to me that the content is running effectively yet the record "test.txt" stays vacant. what's more, thank all of you for sharing...

mass text service

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PopMonger License daross 3 6,149 06-27-2018 06:24 AM
Last Post: annajulia
  is it attempting cross site scripting? andrey20 2 168 06-27-2018 06:19 AM
Last Post: annajulia
  What about scripting in Mach 5 2? kevinmanuel 0 131 04-12-2018 03:02 AM
Last Post: kevinmanuel
  Kontakt library/scripting tutorials? kevinmanuel 0 107 04-12-2018 02:57 AM
  scripting tutorials? kevinmanuel 0 114 04-07-2018 08:35 AM
  What scripting language should I start off with learning? 0 1,332 Today 05:48 PM
Last Post: