Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to CC or BCC messages
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 02:21 PM by mlandis.)
How to CC or BCC messages
In order to get Mailer to send a message via CC (Carbon Copy) or BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) in addition to the recipient, you'll need to add that field to your email header using a bit of custom script work. It's not hard, and you can simply put the necessary script code into your email message body.

It is really important that the syntax you use matches the scripting language you have selected for your mailing under the Mail menu, Mail Merge Information, General tab. Check the "Select scripting language" pulldown.

Note that it makes no difference where you put this code in your mailing. Put it in there just once, anywhere in Plain or HTML tabs. The code will add the BCC line to the mail header. (Note that you can use the same technique to add any information you want to the mail header.)

Please see the scripting documentation for more information at:
http://www.mach5.com/support/mailer/docs/script.html

If you are using Javascript as your scripting language, here is the code:

<? mailer.header("CC","ccemailaddress@isp.com"); ?>
<? mailer.header("BCC","bccemailaddress@isp.com"); ?>

for a dynamically updated CC or BCC address, with field names "EmailCC" & "EmailBCC", the code is below:

<? mailer.header("CC",mailer.fields("EmailCC"));?>
<? mailer.header("BCC",mailer.fields("EmailBCC"));?>

You can easily test this functionality by previewing the message and clicking the 'Send this Message' button. If you the above code is visible while previewing the message, you need to switch the Scripting language from M5Mailer to Jscript. For the code below, use VBScript. This setting is located in the 'Mail'->'Mail Merge Information' topmenu, then on the 'General' tab.

If you are using VBScript as your scripting language, here is the code:

<? mailer.header "CC","ccemailaddress@isp.com" ?>
<? mailer.header "BCC","bccemailaddress@isp.com" ?>

for a dynamically updated CC or BCC address, with field names "EmailCC" & "EmailBCC", the code is below:

<? mailer.header "CC",mailer.fields("EmailCC") ?>
<? mailer.header "BCC",mailer.fields("EmailBCC") ?>

If you are using PHP as your scripting language, here is the code:

<? $mailer->header("CC","ccemailaddress@isp.com"); ?>
<? $mailer->header("BCC","bccemailaddress@isp.com"); ?>

<? $mailer->header("CC",$mailer->fields("EmailCC"));?>
<? $mailer->header("BCC",$mailer->fields("EmailBCC"));?>

Requires Gold License

Please note that scripting within Mach5 Mailer 4 requires a Gold license. Please see the Mach5 purchase options page for more information on upgrade options.

http://www.mach5.com/products/mailer/features.php

You can also visit your "My Mach5" page for direct upgrade links.

http://www.mach5.com/orders/download.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: How to CC or BCC messages
Can't seem to make it work. I have a gold license and really need this feature. Anybody can tell me what syntax I'm using? Is it defined by this: <%[]%> construct? Or is it something else? I've tried every configuration above but each time I preview, I see perfectly the inserts I did for first name etc, but the string above is still there, not converted like the first name etc is. Would really appreciate any help I can get to make this work. Thanks. Also is there any program you might suggest that would work as a "rotator? Example: I have five people in one company. I send out an email a week to all my companies but would like to send it to only one of the five in this company each week so they each get one letter every five weeks. I am now doing it manually, having to keep track of who I sent to last in order to avoid overloading the same person every week... Thank you.

Thomas
order 66749636
09-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Cc means 'carbon copy,' you use it to send other people a copy of the E-mail you are sending to the person in the 'To:' line. Bcc means 'blind carbon copy,' you use it to send other people a copy of the E-mail you are sending to the person in the 'To:' line, but this way no one can see the addresses of the other people, with the Cc selection they can. By using the Bcc to send more than one address, that fact that they can not see the other addresses, is a very good way to protect the privacy of all concerned. Do My Essay For Me & I also use it to "forward" mail. I click on forward, delete all the old addresses, then place the addresses of those I'm sending it to, in the 'Bcc:' line, and no one sees any one elses address. Safe, secure, efficient and easy, too!
11-04-2017, 02:24 AM
Bcc is a very highly effective tool. You will do well to restrict its use, though, to times when it is obvious that the concept was sent to several individuals whose details are secured using Bcc as defined by Coursework Help expert:. You could discuss the other individuals at the end of the e-mail by name, but not by current e-mail deal with, for example.
11-20-2017, 12:23 AM
I see impeccably the supplements I improved the situation initially name and so forth, yet the string above is still there, not changed over like the main name and so forth is. Would truly value Assignment Writing Service any assistance I can get the chance to make this work. Much appreciated. Likewise is there any program you may recommend that would function as a "rotator? Case: I have five individuals in a single organization. you utilize it to send other individuals a duplicate of the E-mail you are sending to the individual in the 'To:' line, however, along these lines nobody can see the addresses of the other individuals, with the Cc determination they can.
02-23-2018, 03:02 AM
Hope the people who are going to the site will get some information about how to CC or BCC messages work. I think many of the people are don’t know about this. Thank you so much for sharing the information. power scooter
Find all posts by this user
02-23-2018, 06:45 AM
Most of the people don’t know how to add CC or BCC messages. If you want to send a message via a CC or BCC in addition to the recipient, it will better if you add this field to the email header. chrome keeps crashing windows 10
04-06-2018, 01:33 AM
Buy dissertation of premium quality from custom dissertations writing service, buy dissertation written from scratch by highly qualified PhD/MD academic writers.
Today, 01:26 AM
I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me! tell tractorsupply.com