Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Create HTML documents in OpenOffice.org Writer/Web
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Create HTML documents in OpenOffice.org Writer/Web
Plain-text email is handled differently by each email viewer. Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Gmail, Hotmail, etc will all display plaintext slightly differently. Some auto highlight web addresses, some don't. Putting a http:// before a web address can help make sure the links are highlighted but not always.  To ensure that your email is formatted correctly, Mailer allows for both an HTML (formatted) and Text (unformatted) version of your email to be sent within the same message.

If you are unfamiliar with HTML, we suggest using OpenOffice.org's Writer/Web. First, download and install OpenOffice.

Download OpenOffice.org : http://www.openoffice.org

Open OpenOffice.org and create a New Text Document. Click 'File' then 'Save as' and save your blank document as an HTML file.  Close OpenOffice.org Writer. 

Next, to get Writer to open in it's Writer/Web format, start OpenOffice.org again, and click 'Open a Document' and open the .html document you just saved. The document should show up in a windows called 'OpenOffice.org Writer/Web'.

Once you have Writer/Web open, create your email exactly as you would in Word; changing fonts, formatting, adding hyperlinks, etc. When done, click 'File', 'Save'.

Here's the most important step for transferring the formatted message into Mach5 Mailer. Click 'View' then 'HTML Source'. If you're unfamiliar with HTML code, you'll see a whole bunch of gobbledygook. Click 'Edit' then 'Select All', then 'Edit' and 'Copy'.

Paste ('Edit', 'Paste') the HTML source (gobbledygook) of the email you just copied into the HTML editing tab of Mach5 Mailer and save your Mailer project. You can test that it displays properly by clicking the 'Preview' tab then the 'HTML' subtab.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: Create HTML documents in OpenOffice.org Writer/Web
Open Office is a great tool. The thing that I love most about it is that is saves in open formats. In ten years from now, you should be able to access your files no matter what type of software you are using. If you don't have Open Office, you should give it a shot.

Perry Lovin Life
[url=http://www.goldenrule.com/health/health-savings.shtml]golden rule[/url]
Find all posts by this user
06-29-2017, 06:47 AM
When you send an email, there ought to be a connection on the inverse side as the join records catch saying Plain Text. Press that Cheap Essay Help, and the words swing to "Rich Text". At the point when that happens you are in Plain content mode. In the event that you don't see this, you're presumably on google chrome, and it's as of now in plain content
08-07-2017, 04:02 AM
Another excellent clash royale hack download for gems.
08-19-2017, 03:11 AM
I have done the same before but haven’t tried some of these options mentioned here. Actually I am getting to know about these options for the first time. I will definitely try this next time when I am working with that. https://www.thetripleplay.net
11-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I fundamentally took a class in HTML applying DW last semester and that I really despised how the full application develops to be never natural on how issues are finished yet your mileage may determination. I used to coding HTML by means of hand by the by. assignment help australia. On the distinctive hand, you ought to essentially do the CSS join actuality in your HTML report yet I'm not certain that DW may %. that up to specific. dependable achievement.
11-24-2017, 01:09 AM
HTML is characterized by the World Wide Web Consortium, an association that directs norms for the Internet. Every form of HTML has an arrangement of definitions. Note that HTML isn't a programming dialect. While we frequently allude to HTML markup as HTML code, programming dialects require Do my Essay the handling of sensible explanations and math. HTML enables the engineer to make content reports look connecting with and wonderful. As a rule, programming on a HTML archive is finished with JavaScript.
[Image: html-coding5.jpg]
12-04-2017, 06:48 AM
I have created HTML document in the openoffice.org writer. It is very easy to make this and if we are doing it for the first it takes some time but the concept behind is easy. So try to work out using these methods given on the site and makes them happy. buy ipads for schools
12-07-2017, 06:15 AM
I searched many websites to know the details of how to create HTML documents in openoffice.org. But here you have shared all the details and are very helpful for me. Now I can create the HTML document by using this OpenOffice. makeup by cory commercial makeup artist
12-16-2017, 06:19 AM
An open platform like this makes the website development easier for all. The simple HTML language which is used here seems to be simple to follow. Thank you so much for sharing the information with us.discover travel